Biggest Greyhound races
The biggest Greyhound races in the United Kingdom include:
|19/02/2022||The Golden Jacket||Crayford|
|30/05/2022||The Grand National||Central Park|
|TBC||Shawfield's Scottish Derby||Glasgow|
|24/06/2022||The Irish Derby||Shelbourne Park|
|12/11/2022||The St Leger||Perry Barr|
|November 22'||The Oaks||Swindon|
- Ante-post – Place a bet on the outcome of the even
- Forecast – A bet relating to the first two dogs to cross the finish line.
- Going – Speed of the track - judged by an official track handicapper.
- Grade – The official rating of the race, levels are determined by the ability of the participants.
- Lay bet - To bet against something happening.
- Odds - The price of a selection
- Open race - A race at the highest level of greyhound racing.
- Reverse forecast - A variation of a forecast where you’re picking the first two greyhounds without predicting their exact positions.
- Place - A dog that finishes in the top two of a traditional six dog race.
- Puppy – A young greyhound, specifically under the age of 2.
- Tricast - A bet where the punter identifies the top three dogs.
- Trap – The starting box that dogs are in before the race.
What makes Greyhound Betting different to other sports
The sport we could most commonly compare Greyhound betting to is Horse Racing betting as the set-up is largely the same where the racers chase a lure and bettors place a bet on who reaches the finish line first. Millions of bettors place bets on both sports every single year and their popularity is only growing every year.
If you're someone who is unfamiliar with racing betting we recommend checking out football betting as a sport that is a little easier to follow before sinking your teeth into more complex betting sports such as Greyhounds and Horse Racing.
Free Bets available at Bet UK
Looking to place a bet on Greyhounds today? Why not check out Bet UK’s Free bets, where players can unlock up to £30 if they’re a new customer at Bet UK. We also have small individual bets based on certain competitions, so be sure to check back to our uk betting offers whenever a big event comes around.