Unfortunately, we are not available in your area!
You are visiting a version of our website that is outside of your region.
Ice Hockey Betting at Bet UK
Ice Hockey is a sport that has significant importance around the world but in the UK, it isn’t one of the most popular sports in the country. The sport is particularly popular in the United States, Canada and India but when it comes to placing a bet online, UK Ice Hockey betting is actually equally as popular as in other countries. Bet UK brings a multitude of markets for Ice Hockey betting so whether you’re looking for the E.I.H.L (Elite Ice Hockey League) in the UK or the NHL (National Hockey League) in USA & Canada, you can find live and outright markets today at Bet UK.
Betting on the EIHL Hockey League
There are ten teams in the Elite Ice Hockey League but what makes this season significant is that whoever wins this season’s competition, they will be the first side to win the league in three seasons after both the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons were cancelled due to the coronavirus.
The ten teams in the league include:
- Sheffield Steelers - The most successful team in the league with five wins.
- Nottingham Panthers - The most successful Challenge Cup team with 8 trophies between 2003 and 2015. They have never lost a Challenge Cup final.
- Coventry Blaze - With four league wins, they look to tie Sheffield Steelers record this season.
- Belfast Giants - The last winners of the EIHL after defeating Cardiff Devils on goal difference (+91 x +89).
- Guildford Flames - Devastatingly lost their first final in 2018/19. But have made a strong start to the current season.
- Cardiff Devils - With two league wins, two play-off wins and two challenge cup final appearances in the last three years, Cardiff Devils are the team to watch this year.
- Manchester Storm - Formerly the Manchester Phoenix, this team are looking for their first final.
- Fife Flyers - Established in 1938, this team are the oldest in the league but have never made a cup final or won the league. However, they only joined the EIHL in 2011.
- Dundee Stars - Entering the league at a later date than others, who knows what this re-established side are capable of?
Betting on the NHL
The NHL is one of the biggest leagues in the world, so much so that the league is split into four divisions, they are: Atlantic, Metropolitan, Central and Pacific. The season culminates in the Stanley Cup which is the grandest prize in Ice Hockey. Here are the last ten Stanley Cup finals:
|2021||Tampa Bay Lightning||4-1||Montreal Canadiens|
|2020||Tampa Bay Lightning||4-2||Dallas Stars|
|2019||St. Louis Blues||4-3||Boston Bruins|
|2018||Washington Capitals||4-1||Vegas Golden Knights|
|2017||Pittsburgh Penguins||4-2||Nashville Predators|
|2016||Pittsburgh Penguins||4-2||San Jose Sharks|
|2015||Chicago Blackhawks||4-2||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|2014||Los Angeles Kings||4-1||New York Rangers|
|2013||Chicago Blackhawks||4-2||Boston Bruins|
|2012||Los Angeles Kings||4-2||New Jersey Devils|
|2011||Boston Bruins||4-3||Vancouver Canucks|
|2010||Chicago Blackhawks||4-2||Philadelphia Flyers|
There is also the Swedish Hockey League if players are interested in more European Hockey.
More Betting at Bet UK
If you’re looking for more ways to bet, then check out our online betting platform to find the likes of Horse Racing betting markets and football betting odds. Here you’ll be able to bet on anything from the Cheltenham Festival to the Champions League, all with the click of a button at Bet UK.
Why not check out our range of free bets where players can find free bets for specific events and our welcome offer which currently stands as £30 in Free Bets.