Manifesto Novices Chase Odds
As part of the Grand National meeting at Aintree Festival, the Manifesto Novices Chase represents one of the Grand 1 National Hunt steeplechase events at the festival. Past winners include big names such as Mad Max and Millers Bank, for some horses, this will be their first race since the Cheltenham Festival where they will have taken on Novice Chasers on a grand occasion.
The race is run at Aintree Racecourse over two miles, four furlongs and 200 yards, which is the equivalent to 4,005 metres and is named after the legendary horse Manifesto which ran the Grand National eight times, finishing in the top three on five occasions, winning twice. The race was established in 2009 but was a Grade 2 race and the horses that are Arkle Challenge Trophy and the JLT Novices' Chase.
It is a race that is dominated by British horses with 25 placings from 72 runners while out of the 11 other runners, we have seen 3 placings. Which means on average, the average Irish horse performs best over sixteen fences. However, all but one of the previous winners have been from GB.
Most Successful Jockeys: Richard Johnson & Barry Geraghty (2)
Most Successful Trainers: Philip Hobbs & Nicky Henderson (2)
Manifesto Novices Chase Betting Trends
- Philip Hobbs has sent 4 horses to the Manifesto Novices Chase, 50% have returned victorious and 75% have placed in the top 3.
- Alex Hales, Amy Murphy and Harry Whittington have all sent one horse to this race and have returned victorious.
- Despite their overall success, Aidan Coleman and Nico De Boinville have never won this race. (Coleman in 4 attempts, Nico in 3.)
- Kielan Woods, Jack Quinlan and Gavin Sheehan are the only jockeys to have raced in the Manifesto Novices Chase and not lost.
- Excluding a fall in the original race and a pull-up in 2021, the favourite has always finished in the top four of the running.
- Every winner has had odds lower than 17/2.
- Every winner has been within the top 5 in the market.
- The most common age for a winner in this race is six-years old, winning eight out of thirteen races.
- Manifesto Novices Chase Previous Winners
|Jockey & Trainer
|Harry Skelton & Dan Skelton
|Jack Quinlan & Amy Murphy
|Robbie Power & Colin Tizzard
|Noel Fehily & Nigel Twiston-Davies
|Gavin Sheehan & Harry Whittington
|Ruby Walsh & Gordon Elliott
Manifesto Novices Chase FAQs
Who won the first Manifesto Novices Chase?
Tartak won the opening rendition of the race back when it was a grade 2 affair, winning for Paddy Brennan & Tom George.
Has any horse won this race multiple times?
No. There have been 13 winners of the race, each being a first time winner.
What is the qualification for the Manifesto Novices Chase?
To qualify for this race, horses much have ran in the Arkle Challenge Trophy or the JLT Novices Chase and be aged five or over.
What is the prize money for the Manifesto Novices Chase?
The prize money for winning the Manifesto Novices Chase is £67,524 and the overall spend is £120,000.
Can I watch the Manifesto Novices Chase at BetUK?
Yes! Everyone with an account at BetUK will be able to watch the race live at BetUK by checking out the page in our sportsbook closer to the event.