Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Tips and Preview

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Tips and Preview

The heavyweight clash features Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder, UK vs. US. The fight takes place December 1st at the Staples Centre, Los Angeles. Two perfect professional records as well as the WBC world championship on the line.

Ahead of the big fight, Bet UK's online betting will have the latest boxing betting odds, as well as odds for all undercard fights.

Bet UK Fury vs. Wilder Price Boosts

Bet Boosted Odds
Wilder To Win by KO or TKO 5/4*
Fight to go the distance 5/4*
Fight to end in or before the 9th round 5/6*

It's the heavyweight showdown of the year. The travelling man from Manchester faces the first American Heavyweight champion of the world in nine years and Olympic bronze medalist. Both fighters have personalities as big as themselves. The lip-smacking trash-talk has been entertaining to say the least, but when the bell rings it's strictly business and both men know how to throw down. It's not the fight that many expected 6 months ago but here we are. The Gypsy King is the British lineal champion and is therefore next in line to face the American.

The Sweet Science

Fury, 30, is a traditional pugilist, he likes to stick and move. The old purest form of boxing is to hit and not be hit, which sums up Fury's fighting style. Although he's brash outside the ring, he's cute and elusive inside. Good footwork, clever and very quick, the Manchester man poses a threat to any heavyweight on the planet. Fury was a puzzle Wladimir Klitschko just couldn't solve and he will look to come in and confuse, box and move against Wilder. Although Fury stands at six-foot-nine and weighs 258lbs he's not a big puncher like Wilder.

Wilder, 33, is a raw big-hitter from Alabama who has a flash yet wild boxing style that can sometimes make him look reckless. Wilder also has some freaky knockout power that has slept all but one of his opponents. Bermane Stiverne was the only man to take him the distance but was knocked out in the first round in their rematch 2 years later. Wilder enters the fight as the favourite as he will look to close the fight early. Look out for flurries early from the American.

The Betting

Bet UK is giving Wilder around 60% chance of winning the fight with Fury around 40% chance. This classic boxer vs. puncher fight offers a classic hedge your bets strategy. It's no secret that Wilder has been a lot more active, with vicious knockouts along the way, so the edge in this fight is given due to Fury's lack of activity with only 3 fights since 2015.

There has been a lot of talk of the power of Wilder but the puzzle of Fury could stifle this. Take the power away from Wilder and there is no cute boxing style to fall back on, it's hard to find a plan B. Fury is a clever boxer and he knows this as much as anyone, the Brit will make this very hard for Wilder as he did against Klitschko.

The analysis here says that the value is in two outcomes Wilder by KO/TKO or Fury on points. This will give you the chance to place a wager on two more likely outcomes, however, this is boxing so nothing is iron-clad. There are a range of different boxing betting markets at Bet UK so if you're looking for something a little different there's value in over and under round betting. If you buy in to the Wilder power punches under 9.5 rounds gives bettors 13/10 whereas for those who think Fury can avoid the power punch over 9.5 rounds is at 5/9.

Bet UK Fury vs. Wilder Tips & Odds

Boxing Tips Odds
Fury by Decision/Technical Decision 2/1
Over 9.5 Rounds 5/8
Under 9.5 Rounds 29/25

*All odds from Bet UK’s online betting correct at the time of writing.

If you are placing a bet on Fury vs Wilder, please remember to gamble responsibly and if the fun stops, stop. 18+.

Bet £10, get £10 + 10 free spins

£10 qualifying bet must be placed with cash on any sports market at minimum odds of 1/2. £10 free bet will be credited once qualifying bet has settled. Value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings. £10 free bet has a 7 day expiry.T&Cs apply. 18+, begambleaware.org

10 Free spins will be credited on Starburst with all paylines active. Spin value £0.10. Winnings from free spins will be credited as cash. 3 day expiry. 18+, begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.

Full Terms and Conditions